Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hide and Seek

Ok, so if you ever need to find me....head for a Oakland Public Library and that's where I'll be...


First try the Dimond branch on Fruitvale Avenue - its close to home...




Or if it is a Sunday, I'll be at the Oakland Main branch -it's open on Sunday - how cool is that!



Most likely, I'll be in the Fiction Section...


Look for me between the stacks..


Or I could also be on the 2nd Floor in the History Room...




The corridors have great old photos of Oakland...



I wonder what time of the day this 1800's photo of  downtown Oakland was taken...


I could also be at the Information Desk asking some random question...


 
This is my library card - well used - I think I have had this one for at least 15 years...




Here is the Miller Avenue branch where I was got my first library card at age 8.
  It closed in the 70's...I have very happy memories of this place.

This is the library where my mother used to sneak way to read movie magazines
when she was a teenager. 
It used to be the Oakland Main and now it's the
 African American Museum and Library.
It is a beautiful building inside and out..




Here's what I am reading right now.
Not shown is the book in my purse and the magazines in my car...
I have a book with me wherever I go...


 I could not live without books...



No comments:

Post a Comment