Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Alameda Antique Faire

Ok, so I like flea markets, yard sales and antique fairs.  I've bought lots of stuff (some of which I DO NOT NEED) but just couldn't walk away from......empty ink bottles, "vintage" dinner plates, fabric and lots and lots of greeting cards, ribbon and wrapping paper.

On the first Sunday of every month, there is a great outdoor antique market in Alameda which  is located at the former Alameda Naval Supply Center.  I went last month and if you have the time, you should stop by (Alameda Point Antique and Collectible Fair) and take a look at all the interesting stuff.

This time I was shopping for:

     wine glasses
     silverware
     mirror/picture frames
     metal cafe tables

I have no idea why I want/need any of this but what the heck................
    

P.S.  Take comfortable shoes and while it's part of the game to negotiate prices, you might run across a vendor who won't budge.  If you have time to spare, you can also visit the USS Hornet which is next door.


The gates open at 6 am (!!) but I got there at 8 am....come early if you are serious....

There's lots of french stuff - pillows, linens, posters....

Lambs, coffee/tea pots, angels..they've got it all...

Throw a comfy mattress on this and you have a country day bed....would you paint this too??

Need a chandelier??

4,9,3,8,5,6, etc....

See....lots of "french" stuff.....

I found a box full of embroidered fabric...

..wait -  I think I have something like this at home.....?

Bring a big bag for your loot.........


I admit it....I got a sandwich....


How would you get this bird house/motel into a tree???

Heading out until next month...........or the next garage sale....

Bye Alameda Antique Faire!

No comments:

Post a Comment