Friday, March 11, 2011

Kopenhavn

I recently took a "quick" trip to Denmark...Copenhagen to be exact.  The weather was quite cold and the skies were generally gray but I had a great time!  The folks were warm ("jolly" per the Danes) and very helpful....and I loved, loved, loved the food.  So, here's what I saw....


Day 1 and I thought...yikes!



But the hotel fireplace was going full blast so that was good...



 Legos were created in a Danish carpentry workshop around 1916..



This is Stroget...the world's longest pedestrian street..
store after store, after shop, after boutique, after cafe, etc.




Statue at the fountain at the Ny Carlsberg Glypotek Museum....
Holy Moly...that's alot of kids!



and Roman statues galore....




It seemed like everyone rides a bicycle in Denmark...and the citizens are very "green" conscious..




Managed a stop at the Danish Design Center where this cool
Stingray Chair was on exhibit....




Over at Rosenborg Palace, the Crown Jewels were on display...
with guards keeping an an eye on EVERYBODY..they were awesome..the jewels that is....




Denmark is very proud of their native son
Hans Christian Anderson -  the author of
Thumbelina, The Ugly Duckling and of course...




......"The Little Mermaid" too..



For a snack, I found chocolate dipped waffles.



Not only do they sell beautiful porcelain at the Royal Copenhagen Store
 (by appointment to Her Royal Highness of course..)




But I also saw lots of beautiful bouquets of colorful flowers as well....
...getting ready for Spring, I am sure...


The sun was out on the day it was time to come home.....
and I left with good vibes of my time in Copenhagen!

That's our tour for today....Have a great weekend OaklandBreakfasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment