Thursday, March 17, 2011

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling....

I always look forward to St. Patrick's Day.....I love corned beef and cabbage, Irish jigs and fondly remember my Irish teachers at St. Anthony's in Oakland - Sister Mary Eugenia,  Sister Agnes Marie, Sister Mary Jonathan, et al.

In honor of the day here are my photos that I took in Ireland a few years ago....

My ancestral home...just kidding!



Misty morning in County Kerry....



My grandmother's cottage...hehehe....



In Cork, I did manage to kiss the Blarney Stone
but can't remember why you are suppose to kiss it upside down...


My cousin Jose!



Cliffs of Moher..this is for real....



Uncle Juanito and his herd of cows...wait, I  mean his flock of sheep...



Trinity College in Dublin



On the way to the Ring of Kerry and Moll's Gap..you know the place?



Erin go Braugh/Ireland Forever!
A most beautiful castle in Killarney...



An Irish Toast:
May neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, the angels protect you
and heaven respect you....


Isn't the whole world Irish on St. Paddy's Day??


Happy St. Patrick's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment