Friday, January 28, 2011

Sartorialist Wannabe

Ok, so while Louie and I were in NYC a few days ago (and on a day it wasn't snowing)  I saw this guy and thought -  SARTORIALIST!!!

The Story:
Louie and I were waiting to cross the street (we were at Bryant Park) when I saw this guy in a very interesting outfit. I sooo wanted to take his picture but I was afraid to ask him if I could.  But then I thought I can't let him get away so I took one photo from the back, got up the courage and asked him if I could take his picture.  I am not sure he understood me so I pointed to his shoes, gave him a thumbs up and he smiled and gave ME a thumbs up in return. 

From the back.....


The one quick shot....

 Scott Schuman of Sartorialist fame has nothing to worry about as it will take me a gazillion years to be as good as he is with  his "On the Street" photos but for that moment, I  was very pleased with my first  "On the Street" photo    :)

I gotta give Mr. Schuman his props..here's a few from The Sartorialist....









What did I learn ? Use macro focus, shoot more than one photo,
get my subject to pose and move out of the way of NYC taxis!


Have a good weekend OaklandBreakfasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment